Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Reasons I Hate "Tumblr" Girls



Now, before I get started please note that; ***I do not intend to offend anyone, I simply detest the way such people carry themselves. No, that does not mean they are immoral people, (or immortal as I originally accidentally typed) I just simply do not agree with their choices**** I find myself disagreeing with Tumblr girls for a numerous amount of reasons. To begin, I'll simply define the basic terms.

Tumblr- Social media site/blogging site.
Tumblr Girls- Stereotypical teenage girls who all act similar.

Most of you have probably heard of tumblr, if not, where have you been? Living under a WIFI-less rock? If you have, kudos to you. I couldn't do it personally. The idea behind tumblr is a blogging website that is easy to design, allows you to post videos, pictures, videos (if the video player EVER works right), and audio as well as chat dialogues. You can 'heart' posts, and reblog them as well. Seems like a great platform if you ask me, but if you agree you would be wrong.

In the beginning, sure, tumblr wasn't that bad. Now it's became mostly a washed up exaggerated tale of teenagers being...well-teenagers. Hormonal, overly sensitive, complicated teenagers.

Some tumblr users fall into a specific category though, a specific niche if you'll allow me to say, where they all feel like they have to be "so different", but in the long run end up acting all the same. Many users fake their way into the LGBT community, which I find completely disgusting. Yes, there are actually trans, bi, gay, and lesbian people out there. But no. not every single person on there has to fall into one of these categories. They feel like they have to though, it seems. They have to be their own "individual snowflakes".

These users also often have an inflated head full of an ego filled by their "followers". Often, these followers don't ever talk to this "tumblr celebrity" anyways, but that doesn't stop them from bragging about their 200k followers. These girls are wanna be hipsters who feel superior to the rest of their gender because of their little account.

How do I become a tumblr girl? You ask. Simple. Be perfect, photoshop yourself until you look like society's perfect girl. Act like you hate yourself even when in reality you love yourself and your "tumblr fame". Make up crazy fake stories about your life to get attention. Hate on people who you feel are less than you.

Sure, outside of these tumblr "cliques", the website isn't too bad. It's a great social platform for different types of people to contact anonymously if they'd like, it's a great place for adolescents to become more educated on different types of people as well as to help them learning about themselves.



No comments:

Post a Comment